Fashion should be fun and with my photography I love to create those fun moments.
For part two of my collaboration with MARCS and ARIA, I met up with Tom (below, wearing The Presets band T-shirt by MARCS) , owner of cool looking bike shop in Newtown aptly named Hell On Wheels. The walls in the shop are lined up with some pretty cool looking trickster bikes and if you’re looking for some new wheels, this definitely seem to be the place to visit.
Tom, what do you do around here?
– Well, I own the shop, I pay the bills, I sell bikes, chat to customers, take out the garbage. I’m the “everything around here” guy ! Hehehe
Tell me Tom, do you remember your first ever band T-shirt?
– Aha, a Metallica one. My dad gave it to me for my 12th Birthday. The first ones I bought myself was a Ramones one and a Misfits one, both from Paddy’s Market. I strongly doubt they were legit.
Are they still around?
– I’ve still got the Misfits one, but the Ramones one got ripped pretty bad after a nasty crash on my bike. RIP.
What makes a great band T-shirt?
– Well first and foremost, I have to like the design – not just the band. I wouldn’t wear an ugly tee just because of the band, it’s about the combination.
What would you rather see, a live band or a DJ?
– A live band, for sure.
What was the last live show you attended?
– I had a great night recently, watching John Fogerty at the entertainment centre. Also saw a Motley Crue, Thin Lizzy and Kiss show some time ago, that was fantastic.
What’s your all time favourite act?
– Zombie Ghost Train, I’ve seem them live about five times.
All time favorite song?
– Know Your Product by The Saints.
This project is a collaboration with iconic Australian fashion brand MARCS and ARIA (Australian Record Industry Association). MARCS has launched five limited edition band t-shirts, all designed to support the #UnitedByMusic campaign. Let’s support our home grown Aussie music!